Monday, November 12, 2012

Give Thanks to the One

Some say they are "battling" something.  It may be a sickness or just a feeling that won't go away.  I have just returned from a historical (and chilly) trip to Gettysburg, PA.  I went as a child, but honestly, it didn't mean a thing to me.  History can really teach us things though.  The Old Testament is a wonderful example of this.  I look back to the prophets and the Israelites only to see a reflection of myself being pulled over and over again back to my Heavenly Father.  Our trip was a not-so-gentle reminder of what has happened in the history of our nation.  

I cannot even imagine myself there in those days.  The irony is that we as a nation are seemingly as divided as those lines at Little Round Top.  There was a battle, a mighty one there.  We face daily battles in the depths of our souls.  

12.  The Battle we feel we are fighting has already been won in Christ!  We can rest.