Friday, April 12, 2013

In the Sunshine

In the mornings, the sunshine is on the front of the house. Even in cool weather, I stand the front door open leaving only the glass storm door. As long as the sun is heating up that front porch, that door is heating something lovely. Same with the afternoon, except the heat doesn't seem near as lovely coming into my kitchen. The kitchen is already raising that mercury.

Still that sun is there. Resilient as ever. If I enjoy it, wonderful. I have done good. If I curse it on a hot afternoon baking in the kitchen, still it shines on, seeming to forgive my curses.

Soak in the rays of the sun for a moment this weekend. Think about the beauty of it.

Think about its Creator. No man can compare. I pray you find beauty in creation, like I do when I open my front door...