Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Storm

At lunch, I sit under a glass roof...I looked up to see the hardest rain imaginable, and some lightening.  Needless to say, I did not stay under that glass for long.  A stormy February day is a bit strange...what about looking at "storms" in our lives.  They can start in 5 minutes and take hold of us if we let them.  They can be relationships crumbling, children leaving, heavy-heartedness, impatient living, and so many others I cannot list them all.  What we know:

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16: 32-33


We know hard times will come.  We should not let them take us by surprise.  In the season I am in, I have some longings that make my heart heavy sometimes.  It will not take my joy though!  He tells us that He has overcome the world; in that, we can rest.  


Look today at some storms you and your family are facing.  Look at them, talk about them, then, pray.  Pray for Jesus to hold your hand while you walk through them.  We all know He rescues us in the end.  My prayer is that we as mothers and wives stand as a beautiful example for our families...trusting wholly in the work and power of Christ over any situation or circumstance, letting Him give us our daily joy to give to others in return!


"And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away."  Nehemiah 12:43