Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Who do you see?

When you look in the mirror, who do you see?  The first thing that comes to mind for most of us is our outward flaws.  I need to lose a little here, fix this frizzy hair, get some new treatment for the breakout on my face, and on and on...I have an experiment for you the next time you step in front of the mirror:

Say out loud, even if your husband thinks you've finally lost it:  I am who God made me to be.  I have been created in His image.

We may be in the world but we are not of the world.  Does that make sense?  It means that we are not to try to look like the world; if we do, how will they know we have a hidden joy?  I know it can be hard sometimes.  If anyone knows, I do.  I have what I like to refer to as a beauty mark above my lip that is 4 huge freckles put together.  I've had this ever since I got freckles in elementary school.  With red hair, glasses, and THE freckle, believe me, I was not the most popular one!  I remember my grandmother Mimi would always lick her finger and try to rub it off of me, saying it was chocolate.  You can't rub it off!  Eventually, I just got used to it and, like most other things, the concern of it faded away.  The problem is that in our world today, the media will not allow us to let things fade away.  Let's face it, vanity is in.  There is a solution...something that may be a work in progress for a while.  Pray to the Lord that He helps you love yourself the way He does!  Turn your gaze upon Him by reading His word.  You won't believe how quickly you will start to see changes in the mirror.  Changes in the way you look at yourself.  You may even start to chuckle at those make-up and shampoo commercials.  If you are anything like me, you may even become sad for those women!

Ladies, if we are in Christ, we are beautiful to Him who made us!  True beauty!


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4.


You are beautiful!