Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Straight Talk

At times, I would say it's longing. Longing for the next stage of my life bringing Olivia home where she belongs. Sometimes, I am just plain sad.  As patient as I try to be, I am human.  I daydream.  When I am home for the weekends, I simply cannot understand how time moves so quickly!  Usually, I sweep these thoughts under the rug, thinking the Lord may be getting tired of these prayers of mine...But, today, I am emptying my dust pan!  Aren't we all waiting for something??  The next stage, the next job, the next vacation, the next day, the next time of year? I am here today proclaiming I am done concentrating on the "nexts"--Wow!  What time I have wasted planning things for tomorrow.  I am not suggesting we never responsibly plan for things in our futures...I am simply saying we are not to let our present circumstances take hold of our hearts and lure us away from today's needs and blessings.  I am pouring my heart out on this one! Thank you for listening...

I am leaning on my kitchen counter trying to come up with an ABC learning game for my little Olivia.  In the mean time, she is sitting in the floor with her crayons singing, "Allelu, I love to sing and praise you God!"- a children's song from church.  God grabs my attention in that moment and I snap out of it, rushing to the floor to love on her and sing along with her!  This is a beautiful picture of what I am saying.  The time is now.  We are not promised an earthly tomorrow.  He says:

                "In an acceptable time I have heard you,
                And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.  2 Corinthians 6:2.
Let me encourage you as a woman of faith to join me in praying for peace and contentment, right where you stand.  The place we are today has a purpose.  Let us remember we are short of time here; let us live for Him today.