Friday, March 16, 2012

Sunshine

Almost 4 hours in a little room with a few chairs and an examining table is not what anyone would look forward to...doctors coming in and out, explaining their specialty as it affects us.  All those medical terms can be quite overwhelming.  Questions, listening, more questions, thinking, talking, deciding... I tell her that she will have to prayerfully take this one day at a time.  I realize I cannot make her have peace...only her trust in Christ can give her that.  I can love her though.  Sometimes the easiest way to remind someone about their Savior is to show them.   They are hungry and ready to get out of that little room.  As the last nurse comes in to remove the bandage from biopsy, I open the blinds again.  Just a quick glimpse of sunshine reminds me that God is shining down through this.  Even in the moments that are dark, He is there.  Not just for her, but for the those who need to show her she is cared for. He is my hope and strength.  He is there for you too.  "I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 Olivia's song she has been singing is so fitting for today. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.