Monday, May 14, 2012

"Grow" Home


I hope each of you mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!  Our family came to town and we enjoyed the time we were given.  With the house being more full than usual, it really made me think of family time.  Think with me...

Isn't it funny that when we are teenagers, we are dying to get out on our own?  Or out of our parents' wings at least.  It is that drive for independence.  Then, we grow a little, and maybe some of us ask for our parent's assistance on the road to actual adult-hood.  Still, we keep our independence.  I love the company of my loved ones, still thinking how I do things my own way in my home.  I would say a bit prideful, if I'm honest.  Well, I have reached the reality that having our own approach to everything is surely not what being Christ-like is all about.  As I think back, being independent without the Lord is really not freedom at all.  It is bondage to this world, to feelings, and touchable pleasures.  So today, I am blessed to say that I am "growing" home...toward my family, toward my Heavenly Father.  The freedom in that is exhilarating!  Join me.

Let us Commit to Memory-Monday Verse

The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer.

David-Psalm 6:9