Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teach This


Our Memory Verse this Week:

The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer.  Psalm 6:9

Teach yourself how to "story-tell" through this verse.  Sit down with the kids, and see if you can grab their attention.  Be dramatic!  THE LORD (point up) has heard (lean and put your hand to your ear) my plea (clasp your hands tightly in front of you.)  THE LORD (point up) will answer (pretend to knock on a door) my prayer (place hands in prayer in front of you).  Before you know it, they and you will have this memorized!  Anytime this week that you get the opportunity to put this verse to action, do.  During prayer time, after asking what they would like to pray for, review your verse with hand movements.


My little girl likes this so much, I catch her doing them and saying the verse while she is playing with her dolls.  I cherish these moments!