Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Glancing Back

The ladies all sat around discussing the study tonight.  It was surreal.  I have not involved myself with a women's group in a while.  See, I like to open up.  I struggled with this.  I open up way too fast...things slip off my tongue to complete strangers.  Thought I should hang back from that atmosphere for a while, get some God time alone with Him and me.

There was some sharing though.  What a blessing to hear other women share!  We are not the same, no, nowhere near it.   I just came out of the most difficult season of my life so far.  A couple of them were looking way back over their lives and a couple have just taken a baby step into God's will...into obedience.  Oh how free to be obedient!!

Is there regret when you look back?  Do you wish?  I could have...when they were young...instead of spending all hours at work...instead of keeping a distance from church...instead of talking and not listening...instead of grumbling...

Friends, looking back, seeing hardships, thinking of changes you would have made, this is your testimony!  Look how far He has brought us.  Dwell in this for a moment.

I would definitely change a bit of my past.  Maybe you would too.  Looking back is not meant to fill our hearts with regret.  Seeing where we have walked, the mountains we climbed, the moments of bliss are all there to complete our story.  Your story alone!  My opinion is that this is one of the purposes of the Old Testament scriptures.  Maybe The Lord desired to remind us of all the ways He has been faithful in the past so that we can have even more assurance of our future resting in Him.

So, it's okay...glance back if you need to.  Ponder for a moment.  Recall.  Thank your Heavenly Father for where He has brought you, and turn face forward to the Light guiding you today.  Take your first step in TODAY.