Friday, March 8, 2013

Ultimate Sacrifice

Who would ever guess that a timeless scene during the days of the Nazi reign would uncover a beautiful spot for the Cross of Christ.  Corrie Ten Boom and her aunts and father loved Jesus so much that they sacrificed their very own safety and livelihood for the Jewish people, His chosen ones.  I mean, it has me thinking, what have I really had to sacrifice lately?  


Okay, some time, some money, special treats, a week vacation in a tropical place...oh my...

This is a highly recommended read.  If you can get it, get it.

Paint me a picture,
Of the place
I can rest
Covering time and space.

What would I give?
A day or two?
or just a moment,
in these peoples shoes.

I don't know if I could
walk where they did.
But with Jesus filled bodies
I guess any of us could.

Thank you Father
for ones like these,
to remind me of You
and all that You mean.

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.