Monday, March 11, 2013

Mom Relaxing

What relaxes you?  I mean, REALLY relaxes you?  Is it just a plain out nap...or maybe a blue sky day and a soft chair on the patio...or a good book that runs your emotions all over the place...

To me, all those things sound great.  You know what my favorite relaxing thing is though?  Watching a little girl sleep.  You know they have been BUSY busy running around inside and out.  Those brains are high-functioning.  Those feet are not stopping.  Those hands are even playing during washing time:)  When all the moments of the day pass and her eyes are just longing to close tight...


Lord Jesus, my prayer today is that we moms and grandmas would take a moment to watch our kids when they are sleeping.  Help us to sink into that moment thankful for all you have given us.  Lord, please put your protective hand over them.  They are your little ones.  I am reminded Father of those around the world who do not have a soft bed, cuddle blanket, and little pink dog to sleep with... help me know how to help them.  Thank you for this rest.  Amen.