Wednesday, February 19, 2014

An End and a Beginning

I have watched the days soaring by...days even since I last sat down and typed a little.  I had peanut butter all over me, jelly in my hair, dish soap up my sleeve, dirty tissue in my pocket, and muddy ankles from wading in the backyard.  You'll understand why I wasn't able to type, of course!



It is time for a change.  For a few months now, writing here has become a burden.  It isn't because I don't want to, or because I have nothing to write to you.  God is revealing Himself almost daily, sometimes more to me as I dive into His word and into my circumstances.  The difficulty has come from the fact that the origins of my blog here stem from a desire to share the road I am on to encourage you fellow mothers out there.  You are mothers of 5, mothers that may have high schoolers, those in my family that show support, dog-lovers with maybe no children without fur, moms who work out of the home and in, moms who send their children to school and moms that keep their children at home for education.  So many backgrounds, and boy is it overwhelming!  I have enjoyed the thought of so much diversity sitting down at their screen to come together at the touch of my keyboard.  It honestly frightens me to think that a post of my ideas as a mom may somehow come across as a pat on my back and a level above what you are doing.  This conviction has finally weighted me down enough into a healthy change.  



God made this a big deal.  Because you chose to be a part of my ins and outs, the testimony of the walk we all do in this life.  We just do it a bit differently.  I am a writer in the depths, never realized this before I had Olivia.  

This is an end, an end to the blog here as you've followed.  I'm sad to close this part of the book!  I've questioned this over and over, should I or not.  My decision, though, comes with an excitement and zeal I've never experienced before!  As I type this to you, my brain is already full of fresh ideas for the newly prayed over preschooling momma's chapter I am surrounded by.  If you visit a blog site for the directed audience of something, you don't feel belittled when you read of innovations or things you have never thought of doing before.  There isn't this sense of "keeping up" with someone's life. I get pure enjoyment out of some wonderful writers out there, but have to limit myself to just a few.  If not, before a minute passes, I am comparing myself to see how I measure up.  In essence, I am not wanting any part of that.  For you as my reader.  By me as the writer.

For a couple of years now, I have had the honor of sticky fingers, time-outs, dressup outfits, wet kisses, beautiful artwork, and mud pies galore!  This not only from Olivia, but now with other children that cross the threshold into my home.  This is my life now.  I cannot begin to tell you what a relief it will be to be able to constantly type post after post relating to the preschool wonderland I am in!  And not feel a bit guilty that maybe you the reader don't have a preschooler or you don't stay home or you think a group preschool system is better.  It simply won't matter anymore.  This new blog will have a smaller audience, no doubt.  But my hopes are that God will use it to grow my faith and yours too if you have some sticky hands of your own at home!

So, I pray you'll stop by.  That you will read and discover, maybe cry with us.  I know you will laugh at us, that's a given!  


New blog:    Mudpieminds.blogspot.com




It has been an honor!

Love,
Laura