Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Try

I have a challenge for you...the newest craft I have engaged in: felt flowers! This is something I came upon in a rather weird way. I was actually starting my research on educational tools for Olivia, and I came across an old-fashioned felt board. I know, I know, it can be a running joke, but it made me start thinking of all I could do with it. But, then again, that's my nature. :) So, after a $25 purchase at a local craft store, I jumped in. I wanted to make flowers for Olivia to wear in her hair. This has truly turned into a way to give a homemade gift, and when we take a road trip, I have plenty of cutting and designing to keep me busy. You don't need a pattern book. Just get a sharp pair of scissors, craft felt sheets (usually about .25 a piece), online or live pictures of flowers, some sewing thread and a needle. These can be turned into hair decorations, cute pins, or package wrapping additions. Let your imagination guide you! I challenge you to try this! Let me know if you have questions. Happy cutting:)