Friday, March 23, 2012

Yum Yum!

Well, I don't know hardly anyone who doesn't like good biscuits...do you?  We don't indulge too often at home, but the best biscuits I can make are what my family refers to as "flat biscuits."  Way back when my cousin and I where kiddos, we requested my Papa's flat biscuits almost every morning we spent the night (and that was a bunch of biscuits:).  I just have to share this simple, comfort food recipe with you.  And guess what, kids love them!

Papa's Flat Biscuits

You will need:

3 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup shortening (yes, crisco is best...you could try something healthier if you wanted)
Add 2% milk until the consistency is a little lumpier than cake batter.

Spread this on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  Cut into squares/rectangles and enjoy!  (We eat them with honey)

Happy Music Friday!

Music to Bake with...

Song:  Smoothie Song
Artist:  Nickel Creek