Monday, August 13, 2012

Thunder

Lightning, then thunder. 
Lightning, then thunder.  

Count the seconds in between the thunder and the next lightning.  See how close it is.  How close is it to you?

I ask Olivia to stand back away from the glass door in the kitchen.  The lightning could give her a startle.  Or maybe even a shock.

Storm clouds approach from a distance and sometimes come fast!  Are we ready?  When they move in, how are we preparing?  What if...

My hope today is that I can look my husband in the eyes and say that I am ready.  I can look into those pure, blue girl's eyes and tell her that come what may, I am ready.  The Holy Spirit is inside, dwelling there.  The only strength we have is the One.

The awe of a storm reminds us of the power of God.  Unyielding power.  Power over life.  Power over death.  


What is there to fear?




The Lord is my light and my salvation; 
whom shall I fear? 
the Lord is the strength of my life; 
of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1