Friday, September 7, 2012

In Our Hands

Something has jumped out at me like never before!  What a glorious realization in this season I am walking...



I must share.

Remember reading the teaching in Matthew about the blind men following Jesus?  They wanted to be healed and Jesus asked them if they believed he could do it.  Yes!  Their belief is what made them see.  Let's read it in the Scripture:

As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they replied.
Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith, let it be done to you”; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region. 
 From the account of Matthew 9:27
I had never thought this way before.  As a follower of Christ, I had always put a hidden message in my heart that God's plan has already been decided.  My walk, my life, the ones around me--every move was already set in stone.  In God's stone.  Whether we acknowledged it or not.  My eyes are open now to a much more wonderful Truth:  Our Faith makes decisions for us!  The faith we put in Jesus to take care of our every need is something that we decide to do.  He then acknowledges that decision.

The All-Knowing power of God is something not to be understood by even the most brilliant minds.  He made us that way--that makes Him God and us humans made by Him.  I cannot possibly pretend to understand it all...

What I do understand more fully today than ever is that the amount of faith we have in Christ having a foothold on our lives is equivalent to the amount of blessing we attain.  Not just how much we give, but how much we believe and trust in the One.

Trust = Blessing

We do have control over how God's promises will impact our lives!  We must trust in Him inside our hearts, knowing that He is bigger than all those things around us.  

Imagine the growth in the faith of those two guys!  They were so full of wonderment that they couldn't keep from telling everyone!

"According to your faith, let it be done to you"