Friday, November 30, 2012

I Never Thought I Would Be a "Crust-Cutter"

Have you ever wanted something to go a certain way?  Just that one way, no other.  Like the way your clothes are washed, dried, ironed, worn.  Or the way your daily schedule just falls right into place as the minutes roll by...I strive to make my family healthy.  Whether it's making sure we spend at least 45 minutes outside daily or keeping the tv off for most hours of the day or, even more importantly, keeping Scripture at the start of the day.  It doesn't mean we don't end up sighing, rolling our eyes, or pouting with our arms crossed of course...

How about how we eat?  Whoever knows me knows I enjoy eating.  I enjoy cooking, baking, and watching others (and myself) gobble the goods.  I always said that whenever I had children, I wouldn't be cutting that crust off that whole-grain bread for them, no no, no way, no matter what they said.  Boy, even a stubborn woman can change her mind!