Thursday, May 16, 2013

Transformation


This is the before.  A very normal little girls room.  Sort of a mess.  Anyway, she and her friends enjoyed it.  I got to thinking one day that it may be time for her to have a room that promotes ease of cleaning and embraces her preschool age a little better.  I let her pick the paint color and she wanted pink pink PINK!  

I felt the importance of her room being her own.  If I am attempting to teach responsibility, I must make it possible for her to be responsible for something.  Her room, in its prior state, was too overwhelming to clean.  Too much.  Not to mention, you can't exactly "make" a baby crib turned daybed.  

We painted and moved everything out into the living room.  


I cleaned all the molding and vacuumed where no vacuum has been... We used the furniture from our extra bedroom.  The bed is very low to the ground and really does not do justice for our guests.  It is perfect for her though.  This furniture has been in my family for years.  In fact, I used for a time when I was young.  I cringed seeing her beautiful dark wood go into the other room, but it just made sense.  The chest of drawers went into her closet for an abundance of storage.  Perfect!  Keep in mind, a good piece of furniture can go into a good sized closet for great storage without taking up space in a small room.

When all the furniture was switched, it was time to reload.  She didn't need the high chairs stored in her closet anymore...or the rails for the crib...or baby clothes for a 1 year old.  This was a much needed change:)

Here is our finished product.




The purpose of my post is not just to pat us on the back, if you will...but to put a desire of organization in your mind for the children.  Maybe they share a room, maybe they have never had their room painted or maybe you have been too crazy to put in some time lately to spruce things up.  I encourage you to do it.  It can be fun!