Thursday, June 27, 2013

When I Have Time

I am blessed to have more time than ever...time at home.  The last number of years have been full, FULL of numerous activities-good ones!  It is only now that things are slower that I see where I was.  As I sit down and have chores complete, naptime started, exercise done, have read, and on and on...I look up at the ceiling fan and think, now what?

Now what?

Exactly.  Creativity has a place.  It has a moment.  And, what about time with God?  Is there now time to savor more than the quick morning devo?

If you are anything like me, you have used the "when I have time," phrase on a regular basis.  Being my type A persona, this always has been my brain working in overdrive to see what I could get accomplished.  It was a competition between me and myself.  You know I am not stating that checking off your list is a bad thing, right?  This constant state of "need to" pressures was worse than I thought. I thrived on it.  

This is actually the first season of my life that my lists are shorter.  Boastful about this, no.  Blessed beyond measure, but thankful I didn't spend one more second running around like a girl on roller skates.  All I want to say today, for you, is delete something.

If your world is running too fast...if you are always in a state of fatigue...if you haven't taken time to stare into the woods to see what's out there...


Delete something.

It can always be done.  It will be different for all of us.  It will be the thing that will make us better wives. Better caregivers.  Better listeners.  Better lovers.  Time to "fit someone in."  I say all this to you in the most endearing way possible.  I have been a creature of busy.  Busy just doesn't have time at our house anymore.  My brain is done with crazy.

On the other side of you dropping the thing that takes you over the edge, is a world of peace.  Things will still go wrong, and life will still get hectic sometimes.  This peace is one that surpasses all understanding...  When you make time to receive God in moments of silence where there used to be crazy, He meets us.  

I am standing there now.