Monday, July 22, 2013

Hitch Hiking Man

Even today, as we were headed down into Murfreesboro, I saw him.  It was pouring rain...him out there with a ginormous golf umbrella!  We don't know what to make of him...

About 2 years ago (maybe more), we noticed a man in a UT cap thumbing.  We noticed him once, then twice, the again repeatedly.  Dustin even remarked one day that he was halfway to Smyrna!  He is tall, thin, nicely dressed, shirt collared and tucked in.  He looks like he may be the best grandfather some little kid could have.  

Now, it really doesn't shock me when I see him.  I sort of expect it.  I have to say I really want to hear his story!  I have joked with Dustin asking if he would just give him a ride sometime.  Could he really be a menace after having years of doing this?  Well, we know it isn't because his car is broken down...

I guess it's just his way.  I think it's interesting that people have their own ways.  Some we may think are so strange ourselves.  I sure have come across strange a time or two...:)

One more thought...could he be an angel?  What story would he tell...if we ever stop to find out I will be sure to tell you.