Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It All Comes Out in the Wash

Isn't it crazy the things you will find if you do the laundry?  A woman or man could set up quite the bank account just for it.  It makes me look back over these short years as I wash the same clothes for the hundredth time...


It was a VERY hot August day.  A little tiny church in the hills of a place called Dutch Valley.  Not much happens there.  Just a marriage...  I was anxious for it to happen and for it to be over, that day I mean. He was all I ever could want, and now that we are looking back, all I could ever need on this earth.  The church was a building run by a sweet elderly couple.  They were very passionate about those walls.  They had lived with the history there for quite a while.  All they asked us in doing them a favor was not to tip over the bell as we pulled the rope on the way out...

Well, I am praying that feeble gentleman was not the one who had to climb up there with all those ancient spiders to fix that upside down bell.  And a family help of a wedding planner was none to be seen that day.  After all, once you're there, what more planning needs to be done?  Our family and friends brought it together.  They made for a very special experience.  

Except my poor bestie who was in the back nursery room on the floor covered in her blanket.  Poor thing had food poisoning!  It may have been the rehearsal dinner meal...she made it down the aisle and almost through the vows...I bet she was scared stiff when she ran down that side door of the sanctuary through those cobwebs dating back to the Civil War!  I heard the commotion but fixed my gaze on Dustin.  Guess it was a little surprising that the flower girl ran out with her because she thought she should...

My sister in law and aunt, uncle, and other immediate family never made it into a photo that day...a beautiful album, without some very important folks.  The cake topper was a little too heavy...it fell with a crash, but we still licked the icing off from that delicious Perkadeli cake.  

Can you believe we got married that day?  The details are almost hilarious...and I love them.  Stories for years to come, some not even believing all that took place.  If the man of my dreams can make it through that kind of event with me, was I not set for life?



Thank you my dearest.  If this road of life were any more curvy, we may have fallen right off in the ditch.  God placed us together, in His perfect plan and time.  I often fear if something were to happen to you, I just can't see how I'd be.  When I get uptight and crazy, your ways remind me of the gentleness The Lord can give us, if we let Him.  How is it that I know what love is?  Jesus lives in my heart, holding onto my shoulders and turns me in toward you on a daily basis.  I miss you when you are gone, I rush to have everything wonderfully peaceful when you return, and I breath so calmly when we get the chance to spend moments together.  Happy 8 years sweetie!