Saturday, August 10, 2013

Race to Perfection

Do you ever feel like you might be running for your life in a race to keep up with the latest and greatest?  I don't mean brands of clothes here ladies... 

For some reason which God only knows, I seem to give off the vibe of perfection.  Can I just take a moment to say, I AM NOT.  Those few of you who know my heart inside and out, bless you, know for a fact I am a sinner.  Let's just break it down here.  For the sake of all mothers, women, seekers, anyone who is trying to look the part.  

If I could I would hug you in this moment.  I would look into your eyes and tell you that we both have issues.  Ones within ourselves and with the world around us.  We may even make it through 2 cinnamon crunch bagels and still not cover everything...

Two days ago, Olivia just could not get over something she had done wrong.  After 3 apologies, a couple crying spells, and a few hours, she came to me as I cut carrots in the kitchen.  Carrots for the smoothies that make us healthy, by the way.  Her small lips uttered another sad phrase and sorry.  I knelt down, seizing up the moment knowing we both needed it.  I hugged her and said this is GRACE. 

Given to us when we don't deserve it.  I got the chance to tell her I don't deserve it either.  Even through a 3 year old's tears, God shows us GRACE.  

If you really want me to, I can give you a list of wrongs I do.  I could start writing now at the start of naptime and still be adding to it when you are reading this in the morning with your coffee.  Thing is, you don't need to hear my woes.  Just be assured I have them.  JUST LIKE YOU.  

I thought the carrots were making me healthy...

We all need Jesus.  When we realize this, we break.  That breaking is the sweetest thing...

Comfort for today:

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.  And where I go you know, and the way you know.  From John 14.