Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Today

There will never be another today.  There could be a tomorrow here on earth, or maybe not.  Today is the only thing we have now.  Our past sits there....in some cases, it has been thrown to the bottom of the sea forgotten sins.  We are developed in our character based on our past and our spiritual journey. But, our past choices and decisions cannot be changed.  Today is a new day of choices and decisions.

It's almost funny to see the changes in my heart over the past couple years.  I have grown so much and I love to see the progression of what God is doing.  That's another good thing about our past up to today.  Seeing the mountains and the valleys.  Our testimony.  Have you ever taken some time to sit and write your testimony?  

I ask you to join with me in the beginning of a story about you and I.  Where did God start us?  What has He brought us through?  How do we see Him in our lives today?  It's a calling on my heart to document the blessings I have witnessed, for my family heritage.  In those times of grief or sorrow or flat out anger, we can look at these writings to recall His love for us, specifically.

Of course, His promises are already written down in his own Holy Book...

I received a notebook from my mother-in-law last weekend.  Here goes...